Lemongrass essential oil, the aromatic alarm clock - it's bright and vibrant to uplift the mind and body! Imparting a spark of joy to the atmosphere and reminds us of the simple pleasures in life. Lemongrass is a versatile essential oil, with antibacterial, antiseptic, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Enhance concentration and attention.
- Add to post workout massage blends to help manage acute injury and/or bruising.
- Assist in reducing stress & anxiety.
- Help digestive health due to its warming action.
- Can be used as an insect repellent.
- A great addition to cleaning blends due to its antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
Blends well with: Basil, Bergamot, Ginger, Lavender, Lemon, Cedarwood, Geranium, Petitgrain, Rosemary, Tea Tree.
- Diffuser: Add 6-8 drops of Lemongrass essential oil to a diffuser.
- Quick fix: A few deep inhalations from the bottle can help when you are at work, in the car or anytime you need a quick break.
- Shower: Add 2-3 drops to the corner of the shower and enjoy the benefits of steam inhalation.
- Topically: Mix 1 drop of chosen essential oil with 5ml carrier oil and apply to wrists, chest or back of the neck.
- Hand or foot bath: Add 2 drops to a bowl of water to treat nail infections.
- Compress: Add 2 drops of essential oil to a bowl of water. For treating inflammation or to cool down use cold to room temperature water. Agitate a face washer in the water, wring out excess moisture and apply washer to the affected area. Repeat two or three times as the compress cools down or warms up. Cool compresses are recommended for application to sore muscles and joints after exercise.
- Steam Treatment (for face): Add 2 drops of essential oil to a bowl of steaming hot water. Place your face close to the bowl and cover the back of your head and bowl with a towel to trap the aromatic vapours. Caution due to risk of burns or scalding and keep eyes covered during treatment.
Botanical name: Cymbopogon citratus.