This citrus does it all! Like a burst of sunshine through the clouds, fresh and clean, Lemon essential oil is brimming with vitality. The citrus scent has a gently sour undertone topped with a deliciously light sweet note. It brings to mind cleanliness, sunlight and a freshness that is cheerful and exhilarating. It is a lovely stimulating oil that can help clear emotional overload and revive fatigued spirits.
- May boost energy
- Supports circulatory system aiding in digestive functions and lymphatic drainage
- Antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-infectious properties
- Great for oily skin types or to give a revitalising boost to a more mature complexion
Blends well with: Bergamot, Eucalyptus, Fennel, Frankincense, Ginger, Juniper, Lavender, Neroli, Rose, Rosemary, Sandalwood and Ylang ylang.
Diffuser: Add 6-8 drops of Lemon essential oil to a diffuser.
Quick fix: A few deep inhalations from the bottle can help when you are at work, in the car or anytime you need a quick break.
- Shower: Add 2-3 drops to the corner of the shower and enjoy the benefits of steam inhalation.
- Bath: Add up to 5 drops in a dispersant such as oil, to the bath to create a relaxing atmosphere while nourishing your skin. Recommend to do at night time.
- Massage: Use a 2.5% dilution; 15 drops per 30ml carrier oil.
- Hand or foot bath: Add 2 drops of Lemon to a bowl of water and soak feet. Lemon may be useful in the treatment of nail infections or gout.
- Compress: Add 2 drops of Lemon essential oil to a bowl of water. Agitate a face washer in the water, wring out excess moisture and apply washer to the affected area. Repeat two or three times as the compress cools down or warms up.
- Steam treatment: For face and respiratory, add 2 drops of essential oil to a bowl of steaming hot water. Caution due to risk of burns or scalding.
Blends well with
Bergamot, Frankincense, Geranium, Jasmine, Lemon, May Chang, Neroli.
Botanical name: Citrus limon.