Hot or cold packs also provide natural, fast, effective, relief from other aches, pains and sprains.
- Use hot for aches and stiffness
- Use cold for sprains, strains and bruises
- Filled with lupin
- Removable cotton cover for cleaning or replacing filling
- Size 25 x 15cm
Lupin has been selected for its excellent heat retention properties. It is odour-free when heated and doesn't sweat like many other grains. The lupins are locally sourced, thoroughly cleaned, GMO-free, chemical-free and HACCP-certified.
FOR CRAMPS, ACHES & TENSION
Use as a heat pack to increase blood flow and provide soothing relief from cramps, aching or stiff muscle and joints or to provide relief from tension and stress.
Directions: Place your heat pack on a clean plate and heat in the microwave. Heat for 1 1/2 minutes then for 30-second increments thereafter until at a temperature you tolerate well.
- Heating times vary depending on the wattage of the microwave
- Always test heat before applying a heat pack to others and be mindful that individuals may experience different sensitivity to heat; particularly the young and elderly
- Do leave heat pack unattended whilst heating
- Do not overheat; overheating will not ensure heat lasts longer and may cause a fire, burn the skin or cause nerve sensitivity
- Do not use as a bed warmer
- Do not reheat or store until completely cool
- Lupin contains allergens that may trigger allergic reactions in some people with nut or peanut allergies
FOR SPRAINS, STRAINS, BRUISING & HEADACHES
Use as a cold pack to decrease blood flow and reduce inflammation and swelling of the affected area.
Directions: Store in the freezer and use as part of the RICER technique (rest, ice, compression, elevation & referral).
FOR A DIY AROMATHERAPY HEAT PACK
Essential oils can be easily added to unscented heat packs to create a scented aromatherapy pack. Try eucalyptus to relieve muscle and joint pain, relaxing lavender to soothe stress, headaches and insomnia or uplifting sweet orange as an immune and mood booster.
To create an aromatherapy heat pack;
- heat your pack in the microwave as per the instructions below
- unzip the heat pack and create a well in the centre of the filling
- add a few drops of your favourite essential oils
- zip up your heat pack and apply
Repeat when the fragrance has worn off. If using essential oils in your heat pack, you may need to replace the filling more frequently to prevent the oils becoming rancid over time.